Many participants are referred by an active member of the network or are invited by ICDP to join. The first introduction with the Community could be a networking event, or perhaps a Workshop / Dialogue. Your participation could be about creating business opportunities, purely philanthropic activities, or a bit of both. If you manage or own a business, business opportunities may arise through the generation of Australia-Pacific projects with other Community members aimed to create sustainable businesses/ideas using innovation technology solutions. To find out more about the Community and its benefits, view the Concept Paper.
To take part in a Pacific Connect Dialogue, participants usually register online via the dialogue flyer and provide links to their LinkedIn page or a recent CV, or relevant background/interest in the topic). Places can be limited for dialogues and ICDP will provide further information about the event and networking details.
COMMUNITY MEMBER BENEFITS
- Improved access and connectivity to individuals and networks in Australia and the Pacific.
- Raised visibility of achievements within own country and through ongoing connections to Australia and the Pacific.
- Platform to create new opportunities – career, community, business, and culture.
- Access to funding for engagement activities / events and for developing business opportunities.
- New opportunities to build connections with Australian government, business, academia, civil society and individuals.
- Increased access to specialised and tailored mentor / mentee and capacity building programs.
- Open access to the broader Pacific Connect and ICDP networks.
- Flexibility to ‘shape / influence’ the Community for mutual benefit.
Pacific Connect utilises Second Track engagement methods so you will be able to connect with the Community well after you have attended an event on our online engagement platforms and various Pacific Connect activities scheduled each year.
To join or find out more about opportunities for you or your business, contact us here.