The ICDP Foundation is a registered Australian charity established in 2019 to support development initiatives in the Pacific, including projects in education, cultural preservation, health and the natural environment. It is currently working to secure approval as an ‘Overseas Aid Fund’ through the Australian Government.
We support initiatives and programmes that aim to:
- Contribute to economic development and good governance in the Pacific
- Promote opportunities for Pacific Island girls and women
- Build capacity and drive enduring social change in the Pacific
The Foundation has established the ICDP Foundation Fund to deliver and support overseas aid to Pacific countries. We are a reliable and effective conduit for philanthropy into the Pacific region. The Foundation supports development opportunities which:
- Improve the long-term wellbeing of individuals and communities in the Pacific Islands
- Provide a fair distribution of benefits
- Engage local people and in-country stakeholders to ensure those development activities are appropriate, in direct response to local needs, and build on local capacities
- Have an exit strategy to enable sustained and lasting outcomes
Our extensive networks of contacts in Australia and the Pacific ensure an informed and collaborative approach, characterised by mutual trust, respect and understanding.
The ICDP Foundation was launched to a select audience of business, government, not-for-profit and academia leaders in December 2020. Senator the Hon Simon Birmingham, then Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment and Minister for Finance, spoke about the opportunity for the Foundation in a pre-recorded Keynote Address. You can watch the launch below.
To find out more about the Foundation or to donate, please contact us.